Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Back at it

Reasons why I shouldn't have a blog:

1. Posting

Yes, my latest post was in June - I should probably be banned from even having a blog. But, here we go, giving it another shot.
Vow #1 - to post frequently [yes, more than once every 6 months]

2. Content

So, as with many bloggers, struggles come with what to even include as far as content. What to post about without being one of the many "lost blogs" - not that I plan on becoming a blog that strangers flock to for its incredible content, but still, there's something to be said for having something worthy of a read.

That being said, the art of play will probably have a lot to do with advertising - after all it is my obsession and my career. Beyond that however, will be my experiences. I'm living in Sydney now and never thought it possible to fall in love with a place as quickly as I did here. January 1, I fly out to Vietnam, where I will be living for 3 months - surely there will be some content to come out of that.
Vow #2 - mix of posts from advertising news to my life adventures and experiences.

3. Writing

As an art director, I've always been more of a visual sort of gal - you know, keep the words to a minimum, let the visuals do the talking [my apologies to all the copywriters.] Since there doesn't appear to be a space for coloring, looks like I will have to tap into the writing instead. But, no worries, there will be lots of pictures included in posts - let's be honest, no one really likes reading that much anyway.
Vow #3 - To write real good [and include pictures whenever possible.]

So there it is, the art of play is back and better than ever.

2 comments:

Carren O'Keefe said...

apology accepted. phew on the boxed wine.

water, beaches, beer, and wine? when can i move there?

Christy Pregont said...

you should probably come immediately.

well, immediately after london anyway. round 2 of reasons why i love oz will be coming soon [accents!]